The upgrade significantly improved the anti-ship missile self-defence capabilities of the ANZAC class ships by integrating the following major systems:
- The leading edge CEA Phased Array Radar
- The Sagem Vampir NG Infrared Search & Track System
- The Kelvin Hughes Sharpeye Navigation Radar System
- An upgraded Saab 9LV Mk3E Combat Management System
The ASMD upgrade was completed on the first of the Royal Australian Navy’s ANZAC Class frigates – HMAS Perth - in June 2011 with the completion of sea trials and meeting the Initial Materiel Certification (IMC) milestone.
HMAS Stuart - ship eight in the program - rolled off the hard stand at our Henderson facility on 9 March 2017.
- 28,000 metres of cable to be installed
- 4,000m2 of steel and alloy sheet
- 375km of welding wire
- 9 tonne of lead ingots as ballast
- 28 tonne of old paint removed, and
- 14 tonne of new paint