First-shot accuracy with low collateral damage
Our precision-guided munitions use advanced technologies to consistently and effectively hit a variety of targets from long ranges, resulting in successful land, air, and sea missions. We focus on delivering scalable, affordable systems that increase lethality and tactical proficiency in the battle space.
- APKWS® laser-guided rocket: A mid-body guidance section that transforms a standard unguided 2.75-inch (70 mm) rocket into a precision laser-guided rocket
- Long Range Anti-Ship Missile (LRASM) seeker: Guidance technology capable of autonomously detecting and identifying targets for this next-generation missile
- M982 Excalibur: GPS-guided, 155-millimeter artillery shell that can defeat threats at ranges up to 60 kilometers, impacting at a radial miss distance of less than 2 meters from the target
- Silver Bullet Precision Guidance Kit: GPS-based guidance kit that transforms a standard artillery shell into a precision-guided munition
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) seeker: The U.S. Army anti-ballistic missile defense system, which is designed to shoot down short-, medium-, and intermediate-range ballistic missiles in their terminal phase by intercepting them with a hit-to-kill approach
- BONUS: Artillery-launched ammunition containing two sensor-fused sub-munitions for defeating armored vehicles including self-propelled artillery
We recognize that the current and future battle space requires smart, precision-guided munitions to stay ahead of the threat. We are positioned at the forefront of innovation and low-cost solutions – and are continuing to invest heavily in future technologies.
We are the third-largest defense contractor in the world, with nearly 40 years of precision munitions expertise delivering modular, combat-proven solutions. We are uniquely positioned to integrate munitions into weapon platforms with expertise in the areas of munitions handling, interior ballistics, and fire control.
- Artillery and ammunition systems as the original equipment manufacturer for the:
- M777 Howitzer
- M109 Howitzer
- Mk 45
- Targeting capabilities:
- Sensors, sights, antennas, arrays, lasers, and microelectronics
- Anti-jamming capabilities, machine learning, and cognitive processing to serve the electronic warfare mission
The cost of missing your target
We understand the importance of hitting the target on the first shot with low collateral damage – and the consequences of missing. Sometimes, you only get one shot, and we make sure it counts.
We maximize product effectiveness for battlespace needs:
- Effective in RF- and GPS-denied environments
- Modularity for multiple missions
- Network connectivity
- High rate of fire
Discriminating technology and innovation
Our team of experts develops solutions that pair our market-leading guidance, navigation, and control telemetry technology with existing munitions. These innovative solutions enable customers to achieve accuracy across a variety of missions.
- Scalable for future upgrades
- Highly optimized manufacturing
- Modeling and simulation
- Adaptive processing and signals intelligence
- Visual guidance (scene/target matching)
Our solutions feature:
- Low size, weight, and power, and programmable microelectronics
- Sensors, antennas, and arrays
- Semi-autonomous electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) navigation
- Radar antenna
- Multi-function radio frequency (RF) arrays
- Command guidance fire control
Benefits of our precision-guided munitions
Current and future conflicts require smarter firepower with greater range. We provide these capabilities to give the warfighter tactical advantage in every scenario.
- Cost effective
- Accurate, first-hit defeat increases lethality while reducing mission and logistics costs as well as collateral damage
- Compatible with existing munition and weapon systems
- Affordable, light, and compact weapons to allow for greater quantities to be brought into combat
- Increased range
- Minimal training time