Privacy statement – how we use your personal data
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal data that you may submit to the Website. There may be times when We require personal data about you or when you wish to disclose such personal data to Us. Such personal data is obtained only when voluntarily submitted by you and is subject to the provisions set out on this page.
Who We Are
We are BAE Systems Inc. and Our address is 1101 Wilson Blvd, Suite 2000, Arlington, VA22209, United States. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about data protection relating to the Website.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
Registration, Passwords and Security
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures for one of the registration-only sections of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and user name for the Website and you are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Website and We will not be liable where your password or user name is used by someone else.
You agree to notify Us immediately by email to email@example.com of any unauthorized use of your password or user name of which you become aware. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by Us, at any time, if in Our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or the Terms and Conditions of use of the Website.
If you are or you choose to provide Us with personal data over the Internet, you should be aware that data transmission via this medium cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While We will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you acknowledge that We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means and you provide it to Us at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
How will We use Your Personal data
We are collecting personal data about you via the Website to:
- allow You to participate in the registration-only features of the Website and to download relevant brand content, when you choose to do so;
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- notify you about changes to the Website and branding which may be relevant to you.
Will We share Your personal data with third parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- We sell or buy any business, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business;
- BAE Systems Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets, or may be shared in anticipation of the transfer;
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BAE Systems Inc. or any member of the BAE Systems group of companies, Our customers, or others;
- We receive a subpoena, warrants, or court order, or we receive any legal process, or if we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with any law or regulation.
- We believe disclosure is necessary to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment trough a third party intermediary;
- They provide services to Us potentially connected with your access, such as IT or recruitment service providers; or
- You provide us with your consent to disclose your personal information, or if you instruct us to do so.
Links to other websites
This privacy statement applies only to personal data collected on the Website. Other web sites to which the Website may be linked may or may not contain privacy policies. We have no influence or control over those sites. The use of other sites, or the submission of personal data to them, is at your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
Updated July 2019.