Defeating emerging jam threats
Emerging signal-jamming capabilities of adversaries threaten the effectiveness of the U.S. Army's existing artillery precision guidance kits, but our Long Range Precision Guidance Kit (LR-PGK) technology meets current and future anti-jam requirements to defeat jamming. It also advances previously successful capabilities developed to improve reliability of precision-strike functions in GPS-jammed environments.
This kit is compatible with existing and future artillery shells and firing platforms, including:
- M795, M1128, XM1113, and M549A1 standard projectiles
- M109A6/A7 self-propelled Howitzers (manufactured by BAE Systems)
- M1299 Extended Range Cannon Artillery
- M777A2 lightweight towed Howitzers (manufactured by BAE Systems)
The LR-PGK builds on proven, mature technology to improve the accuracy of 155mm projectiles. It will increase maneuverability and incorporate anti-jam capability – requirements for today's quickly evolving battle space.
Innovative guidance systems
This artillery shell upgrade kit combines enhanced GPS-based navigation with an innovative, roll-stabilized guidance unit and antenna array. This integrated technology, paired with a proven, variable-deflection canard control method, allows for advanced in-flight correction capabilities.
The LR-PGK technology is designed to help warfighters complete missions accurately:
- Precision at greater distances to outrange threats
- Improved GPS anti-jam technology supports the mission and makes munitions updateable
Reduced ordnance dispersion
Our kit greatly reduces dispersion associated with 155mm unguided artillery rounds, achieving precision target engagement. Projectiles fitted with LR-PGK provide artillery teams in battle with accurate fire support capabilities that friendly forces can rely on in urban areas, resulting in:
- Improved accuracy against modern threats
- Reduced Circular Error of Probability (CEP)
- Decreased collateral damage
BAE Systems' Long Range Precision Guidance Kit (LR-PGK) requires less ammunition than conventional artillery to complete the mission, which saves costs and increases effectiveness.