Built-in interference protection features effectively monitor radio-frequency emissions and prevent interference to these systems.
Class 2 terminals provide
- Secure, jam-resistant, digital data and voice communication.
- Position determination using both integral relative navigation and tactical air navigation.
- Cooperative identification between subscribers.
The system consists of a receiver/transmitter and a data processor group.
JTIDS Class 2 Terminal features
- Secure, jam-resistant connectivity
- High throughput
- Distributed network control
- Service and NATO interoperability
- Long-range coverage
- Dual-mode identification
- Full-performance tactical air navigation.
- Accurate position data
JTIDS Class 2 Terminal applications
- Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System
- Airborne Battlefield Command Control Center
- Air Operations Center
- Modular Control Equipment shelter
- F-14 Tomcat carrier-based fighter
- Tornado (F.3) Air Defense Variant fighter