JTIDS terminals operate on three different bands of the electromagnetic spectrum, concurrent with systems such as identification friend or foe and tactical air navigation. The terminals use spread spectrum techniques to distribute encrypted information in hostile environments.
Built-in interference protection features effectively monitor radio-frequency emissions and prevent interference to these systems.
Class 2 terminals provide
- Secure, jam-resistant, digital data and voice communication.
- Position determination using both integral relative navigation and tactical air navigation.
- Cooperative identification between subscribers.
The system consists of a receiver/transmitter and a data processor group.
JTIDS Class 2 Terminal features
- Secure, jam-resistant connectivity
- High throughput
- Distributed network control
- Service and NATO interoperability
- Long-range coverage
- Dual-mode identification
- Full-performance tactical air navigation.
- Accurate position data
JTIDS Class 2 Terminal applications
- Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System
- Airborne Battlefield Command Control Center
- Air Operations Center
- Modular Control Equipment shelter
- F-14 Tomcat carrier-based fighter
- Tornado (F.3) Air Defense Variant fighter