Revolutionizing cyber technology for digital, analog, legacy, and new systems by creating and automating solutions for next-generation threats
Cyber defense and operations R&D helps create new technologies that bring higher resistance to cyber attacks and intrusions. Greater resiliency is achieved in cyber-attack prediction, detection, automation, control systems, networks and non-traditional cyber environments such as military and commercial platforms. This R&D area enables decisive operational execution in defense products and services across the company-wide portfolio.
Today’s toughest challenges in cyber include:
- Cyber-attack prediction
- Cyber-attack detection, including “0-day attacks”
- Automated cyber defenses
- Cyber resiliency of computer networks and non-traditional environments including vehicles, aircraft, and critical infrastructure
Cyber defense and networking
Cyber R&D helps protect the warfighter against known and unknown (“0-day”) threats in real time. This protection is enabled by innovations in proactive host and network defense capabilities and technology breakthroughs in next-generation computing and collaboration.
R&D capabilities include:
- Cyber resilience and cyber-attack warnings in real time for ground, air, and space platforms
- Advanced persistent threat discovery, forensic analysis, prevention, and recovery
- Cyber situational awareness
- Wireless, embedded, and industrial control system defense
- Insider threat detection and attack prediction
- Enterprise and cloud security
- Security architectures for inherently secure hosts and foundational hardware security policies
- Reputation-based defense, tagging, and tracking
- Cyber retrofitting of legacy platforms and systems
- Automated Reverse Engineering (ARE): Statically and dynamically analyzes binary code to detect potential malicious and exploitable behaviors.
- OrbWeaver: Discovers pathways an attacker could potentially utilize by observing arrangements as a whole to automate system, and system-of-system-level cyber vulnerabilities.
The science of cyber operations has extended to automate activities for faster, more effective execution. These technologies provide personnel with unique concepts of operation, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
R&D capabilities include:
- Cyber security of platforms and critical infrastructure
- Intelligence community tools
- Cyber operations algorithms
- Tools and techniques
- Cyber electronic warfare
Cyber defense and operations R&D experts deliver solutions to government customers including Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA), DoD service laboratories, and the intelligence community.
Our R&D group welcomes collaboration with industry and academia on current and future projects. Please contact us if you are interested in knowing more or participating with our team.