Enhancing capability and survivability
The U.S. Air Force (USAF) depends on the F-22 Raptor fighter jet to dominate the airspace in combat, and they depend on our AN/ALR-94 F-22 Electronic Warfare (EW) System to protect all of their F-22 Raptors. The world-class functionality of our AN/ALR-94 EW suite provides advanced self-protection to detect and defeat surface and airborne threats with cutting-edge offensive and defensive technologies that combine robust situational awareness, precision targeting support, and robust threat countermeasures – all to advance mission capabilities and maximize mission survival.
Electronic protection, support, and attack
BAE Systems’ AN/ALR-94 digital electronic warfare system geolocates potential threats by detecting adversary radars at significant ranges, allowing the F-22 Raptor to limit its own radar emissions, enabling it to better conceal its location when operating in hostile territory. Data collected by the AN/ALR-94 system helps identify, monitor, analyze, and rapidly respond to threats by providing the pilot with maximum situational awareness. Advanced avionics and sensors provide a complete view of the battlespace, enabling pilot to take appropriate action and ensure mission success. The AN/ALR-94 electronic warfare system also is reliable and maintainable reducing long-term life cycle costs.
Key EW system features and benefits
- Integrated radar warning, targeting support, and countermeasures in one system
- Reduced long-term lifecycle costs to keep the aircraft fielded now and in the future
- Enhanced situational awareness through all-aspect, broadband radar warning and geolocation capabilities
- Always-on multispectral, radio frequency (RF) and infrared (IR) countermeasures enable rapid response for complete pilot protection
- A 360º view of the battlespace, promoting mission success even in signal dense environments
A battle-tested heritage of performance and support
Built on a foundation of more than 60 years of experience, BAE Systems has emerged as the world leader in electronic warfare, flying EW systems on over 120 platforms. In addition to the F-22 Raptor, our EW systems protect 80% of U.S. military fixed-wing aircraft and 95% of U.S. military helicopters. Across the electromagnetic spectrum, our state-of-the-art technologies maximize mission survivability for the flight crews and aircraft while providing end-to-end capabilities that counter current and emerging threats.
Innovating to meet the future demands required to achieve mission success, BAE Systems has produced more than 13,500 tactical electronic warfare systems. We also support all stages of the product lifecycle, from concept development to engineering, production, and through long-term sustainment.
Discover our related electronic warfare technologies:
- ALE-47 Airborne Countermeasures Dispenser System
- AN/ASQ-239 F-35 EW countermeasure system
- AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)
- OT-225 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) System
- AN/ALQ-144 Infrared Countermeasures Set
- Smart D²™ system
- Optical Electronic Warfare Systems (OEWS)