The ALE-47 is so advanced, it thinks for itself. The system uses information from integrated electronic warfare (EW) sensors, including radar warning receivers (RWR) and missile warning systems (MWS) to determine the correct response to defeat incoming infrared and radio-frequency guided missiles. It also partners well with infrared countermeasures systems. The system is able to operate in automatic, semi-automatic, manual, or bypass modes, although the automatic response maximizes protection. The simple, but extremely effective system architecture makes the ALE-47 suitable for upgrading with new smart control systems.
- Interchangeable with obsolete ALE-40, ALE-39, and M-130 systems
- Integrates easily with electronic warfare systems, providing extreme versatility
- Smoothly upgradable to next-generation Smart D²™ countermeasures capabilities
- Uses U.S. and NATO standard and new RF and IR decoys
- Glass cockpit compatible
Proven against IR and RF missile threats
ALE-47 has proven its effectiveness in battle and has become the trusted system of choice for aircraft and aircrew survivability. More than 4,000 ALE-47 systems have been installed on 37 different platforms in 30 countries. BAE Systems' innovative engineers work with users, aircraft designers, and manufacturers to maximize system flexibility. Our teams of specialists have enabled successful installation and integration of 130,000 units. BAE Systems is extremely focused on product support, providing guidance and maintenance solutions in a variety of applicable situations.
Our ALE-47 system is operating as the standard advanced aircraft countermeasures dispense system for the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Navy, as well as international allies, providing next-generation technology throughout the globe.
Approved for export
The ALE-47 Airborne Countermeasures Dispenser System is U.S. Department of Defense-approved for export to our allied nations around the world on military and head-of-state platforms.
Discover our other related aircraft survivability equipment:
- AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)
- OT-225 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) System
- AN/ALQ-144 Infrared Countermeasures Set
- Smart D²™ system
- Optical Electronic Warfare Systems (OEWS)
- Worrell/Weeks Aircrew Protection Center – Threat Analysis Testing