BAE Systems engineered the Fire Series™ family product line for military forces operating in the most demanding and complex environments. With a history of U.S. domestic and international service, our airborne radios have evolved to a Software Communications Architecture (SCA)/Software-Defined radio (SDR) design, providing design reserve capacity for software-only deployment of future operational, mission, and end user focused capabilities.
Fire Series products:
- AN/ARC-231A SDR Radio Communications System
- AN/ARC-231 Radio Communications System
- AN/PSC-5D Radio Communications System
Features and benefits
- Programmability reduces the time to field, evolving communication needs, special mission modifications, and performance enhancements.
- Supports current and evolving joint service interoperable voice and data standards for Line of Sight (LOS) and beyond LOS communications in Very High Frequency (VHF)/Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) spectrum.
- Embedded NSA certified Type 1 modern cryptographic solution.
- Provides communication capabilities of its predecessor with the same set of electronic counter-counter measures such as SATURN, HAVE QUICK, and SINCGARS.
- UHF SATCOM modes (DAMA and IW), coupled with the foundational building blocks supporting mobile user objective system.
- Multiple control interface options — such as independent red and black MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, and USB — allows for flexible integration and mission deployment options.
- Provides ED-23C (8.33 kHz) internationally compliant air traffic control communications and full range of mandatory U.S. and NATO capabilities.