STOP™ is a high assurance general purpose operating system, designed from the ground up with security as its core focus. Field proven, developers choose STOP to differentiate their products in today’s competitive market.
STOP protects the world’s most valuable information and is used extensively by the DoD and Intelligence Community.
STOP differs from other available operating systems such as SELinux where security is a plugin and afterthought, whereas STOP has mandatory access control and security policies built in and cannot be turned off or uninstalled. The active surface of STOP is exponentially smaller than other operating systems and is lightweight, quick to boot, and compatible with Intel® and AMD® architectures.
Operating systems cover a broad spectrum of use cases from microkernels to broad general-purpose operating systems. Microkernels are designed to run specific devices with defined purposes, such as toasters. Real-time operating systems (RTOS) typically manage vehicles and weapons systems. General-purpose operating systems are designed to operate on desktop PC’s, servers, and infrastructure devices to run network, mail, database, and web servers, as well as general office computing applications and highly specialized applications. This continuum is represented in the list below:
- Microkernels – run a device. One purpose.
- RTOS – airplanes, tanks, vehicles; weapons and control systems.
- STOP – high security environments and lightweight secure development requirements: Cross-domain solutions, multilevel file servers, and boundary devices could be used anywhere multi-level security could be relevant (e.g. critical infrastructure, SCADA).
- Linux – server and infrastructure environments. Network servers, mail servers, database servers, web servers. Price performance security.
- Windows – desktop, server, and infrastructure. Same as Linux, Office applications, and other desktop applications.
STOP is the secure foundation for XTS® Guard 7 and XTS® Diode and is available to third party application developers.
The new STOP is not only secure but also rugged, capable of years of continuous uptime. It features general performance parity with commodity operating systems like Linux® and Windows®, while uniquely providing stronger security that is “baked in” rather than “bolted on.” STOP is regularly superior to RTOS proposed for information security applications, as it is frequently less costly, more secure, and more flexible.
Go-to-Market: STOP is integral to BAE Systems XTS Guard 7 and XTS Diode cross-domain solutions, and is available as a stand-alone OEM product to government and commercial customers, and third-party application developers.
Pricing: Trials are free. Both perpetual and leased licenses available. Flexible options exist for OEM partners: license model includes SDK license and runtime licenses.