Satellite communications and astronomy technology solutions. We’re a world leader in satellite communication antenna design and a trusted ground station specialist.
Our highly specialised team delivers a broad range of mature and bespoke satellite communications and astronomy technologies for customers around the world.
Our capabilities span:
Satellite communication antenna design
We have a proven track-record of delivering specialist components for customers. With more than 30 years’ experience designing and developing antennas, our solutions help space agencies to detect potentially hazardous near-Earth asteroids and orbital debris and conduct astronomy experiments.
Product and services include:
- Simultaneous X/Ka feed systems
- Feed horn and reflector design
- Waveguide component design
- Computational electromagnetism
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Mechanical and systems engineering
- Dual Band Feed System supporting asteroid detection (USA)
- Communication with the WINDS satellite (Japan)
- Parkes radio telescope horn (Australia)
- Horn for the world’s fastest telescope, ASKAP (Australia)
- Atacama Large Millimetre / sub-millimetre Array (ALMA) radio telescope (Chile)
- Australia Telescope National Facilities (Australia)
Satellite ground station design, installation and support
A recent example of our work was the satellite ground station for the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency. The ground station receives data from Earth Observation satellites for the purpose of monitoring the South East Asian forested regions.
This capability forms part of Australia’s global effort to reduce carbon emissions in support of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.