We supply defence equipment, electronics and services, as well as cyber, intelligence and security solutions for our customers so they can maintain a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology.
Our approach to human rights
We are committed to respecting and upholding human rights wherever we operate, in respect of activities under the full, direct control of the Company.
This applies equally to our employees, our suppliers and business partners, all of whom are expected to adopt the same or similarly high standards of ethical behaviour.
Our Code of Conduct and other global policies and processes mandated under the Operational Framework, together with our supporting principles and guidance on responsible trading and suppliers, support our commitment to human rights and are regularly reviewed.
Our approach to human rights constitutes:
- maintaining high ethical standards and acting in a socially responsible manner complying with applicable laws
- respecting and supporting the communities in which our businesses are located
- maintaining and improving global policies and processes which relate to human rights wherever we operate, in respect of activities under the full direct control of the Company
- respecting the labour rights of our employees in accordance with national laws
- responsible product development
- appointing and working with suppliers and business partners who are expected to adopt similarly high standards of ethical behaviour and business conduct, consistent to our own, in accordance with applicable national laws.
Our approach to identifying and assessing human rights risks is embedded within our approach to risk management (see page 90 of our 2020 Annual Report).
In 2021, we published our response to the UK Modern Slavery Act and a statement in response to the California Transparency in Supply Chain Act on our website.
You can view our full human rights statement by clicking on the link in the right hand menu.