Engineering Taster Weeks
If you're aged 14-18, you can apply to join one of our Engineering Taster Weeks in either the Air Sector (aged 16-18) Electronic Systems (aged 14-17), which usually take place in July each year. Click on your chosen Engineering Taster Week scheme below to find our more.
- On your taster week you will:
- Work on real engineering projects
- Hear about the work we do from engineers across the business
- Gain careers advice
- Learn about our world-leading products through tours and product demonstrations
Our Engineering Taster Week offers students the opportunity to gain real-world experience as an engineer and first-hand insight into the aerospace and defence industry.
What is an Engineering Taster Week?
We offer Engineering Taster Weeks organised by teams at both the Air and Electronic Systems sectors. The ETW experience is designed to show students the exciting and rewarding opportunities that await them as an engineer, and more specifically, here at BAE Systems.
The taster weeks are organised by the Early Careers community; including apprentice, graduate and undergraduate employees. The planning and work is carried out alongside their engineering day jobs and all have a role in creating an inspiring, informative and exciting experience.
Applicants accepted into the program will:
- work on real engineering projects
- hear about the work we do from engineers across the business
- learn about our world-leading products through facility tours and product demonstrations
For more than a decade, our ETW's have encouraged countless attendees to pursue a career in engineering, and many have returned to work for BAE Systems. In the near term, ETWs also present a fantastic opportunity to boost your CV and UCAS application.