Engineering Taster Weeks
If you're aged 16-18, you can apply to join one of our Engineering Taster Weeks at our Warton/Samlesbury and Rochester sites, which usually take place in July each year. Dates, when confirmed, will be available on each locations page.
On your taster week you will:
- Work on real engineering projects
- Hear about the work we do from engineers across the business
- Gain careers advice
- Learn about our world-leading products through facility tours and product demonstrations
Our Engineering Taster Week offers students the opportunity to gain real-world experience as an engineer and first-hand insight into the aerospace and defence industry.
What is an Engineering Taster Week?
We offer Engineering Taster Weeks at our Rochester and Warton facilities in the UK. The ETW experience is designed to show students the exciting and rewarding opportunities that await them as an engineer, and more specifically, here at BAE Systems.
The taster weeks are organised by the Early Careers community; including apprentice, graduate and undergraduate employees. The planning and work is carried out alongside their engineering day jobs and all have a role in creating an inspiring, informative and exciting experience.
Applicants accepted into the program will:
- work on real engineering projects
- hear about the work we do from engineers across the business
- learn about our world-leading products through facility tours and product demonstrations
For more than a decade, our ETW's have encouraged countless attendees to pursue a career in engineering, and many have returned to work for BAE Systems. In the near term, ETWs also present a fantastic opportunity to boost your CV and UCAS application.