Our executive recruiting process is designed to draw from diverse candidate lists. Mentoring and sponsorship programmes are in place to promote a more diverse leadership pipeline.
UK gender pay gap reporting
The regulations for gender pay gap reporting for UK companies are intended to encourage employers to take informed action to close their gender pay gaps where one exists.
In our 2018 report we have published our gender pay data for our UK workforce and for our UK legal entities with 250 or more employees, as required by the regulations. The report also outlines our actions and commitments to improve the gender balance of our UK workforce.
Pledging our support for Charters
As part of our drive to increase diversity and inclusion, BAE Systems has pledged support for Charters in areas such as gender, mental health and social mobility. Providing opportunities for all employees to thrive in the workplace regardless of their race, gender or background is a vital characteristic for successful and responsible businesses. Learning from other organisations and working together is an important factor in increasing diversity and inclusion throughout the sectors we work in.
The UK Charters BAE Systems has signed include:
- Women in Aviation – a pledge for gender balance across aviation and aerospace
- Women in Maritime - over 121 companies in the maritime sector have signed a pledge designed to signal intent on gender diversity
- Women in Defence - the Women in Defence Charter is a commitment to work together to build a more balanced enterprise across the defence sector
- Women in Technology - the Charter is designed to increase diversity within the UK’s tech companies, with the aim of achieving equal opportunity and representation for all employees in the sector
- Time to Change - The Time to Change Employer Pledge is a commitment to changing the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace.
- Social Mobility Pledge – the pledge asks signatories to partner with schools or colleges, deliver structured work experience and apprenticeships to those from disadvantaged backgrounds. It also asks signatories to open employment recruitment practises to those from disadvantaged backgrounds