Why National Security at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
What can we offer you?
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems. That ability is based on the skills and experience of our people and our culture.
Our people are what differentiate us; they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a diverse mix of generalists and specialists and we acknowledge that this diversity contributes to our success.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge.
Our breadth across the National Security sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients, if they choose.
We feel able to stand out from our competitors both in terms of the breadth of opportunity and our culture.
Breadth of Opportunity
- Over 150 Projects – The large number of diverse projects means that we are able to accommodate employee’s career aspirations. Whether it is agile software engineering, operational cyber research, data engineering, or consulting and analysis. We have an established pipeline of work and orders providing opportunities for the long-term future.
- Critical Projects – The work we do is not just interesting, but vitally important. An example is the project we delivered in conjunction with Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP), using technology we designed for our NS customers helping safeguard children online. Check out this video below to learn more.
- Career Managers – Here at BAE we value the career aspirations of our employees, each employee will have their own Career Manager who is the critical link between the employee and the business. Their Career Manager is the first point of contact for welfare, HR processes and policies. They provide advice and guidance on career development to create a high-performing, engaged workforce.
BAE is proud to support a broad range of Employee Resource Groups across the organisation, including:
- Great Minds – to educate, support and engage employees who are directly or indirectly affected by mental health.
- OutLink UK – a network for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender staff and allies, supporting and advising on all matters related to sexual orientation and gender identity.
- ENabled Disability Network – a group offering support to our employees with disabilities (both visible and non-visible).
- All In Club – a community of men and women who want to improve gender balance and diversity in our workplace and industry.
- Women in Cyber Security – focuses on careers within Cyber Security, encouraging talented women through our front door, and maximising their visibility and opportunities once within the business.
- Group Personal Pension
- Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- BAE Systems Share Incentive Scheme
- Critical Illness/Life Assurance
- Competitive Annual Leave with Buy/Sell options
- Performance Based Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car Leasing Scheme
- Discount Shopping Portal
- Leisure Travel Insurance
- Give As You Earn
Areas of Expertise:
- Software Engineering and Test
- Business and Technical Consulting
- Operational Cyber
- Data Consulting and Engineering
- User Experience/Creative
- Project Management
- Delivery Management
Junior/Graduate Hires in National Security
National Security Academy
NS Cyber Accelerator