Allow me to introduce myself, I’m PERCY the Pilatus PC-9 aircraft and I’ve just completed 5000 flight hours with BAE Systems.
One of the lesser-known aircraft types operating at our airfield at Warton near Preston, I’m mostly used to train pilot flying instructors.
I’m allowed to brag because my accomplishments are many and I’ve been around a long time:
• I’ve flown 5000 hours with BAE Systems since joining in 1986.
• I’ve trained in excess of 200 flying instructors recruited from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Germany, South Africa and Canada.
• I’ve clocked 1¼ million miles – that’s five times to the moon or 54 times around the world.
• I’ve flown down Loch Ness, over the Pyramids, The Tomb of Kings and the Coliseum and past Blackpool Tower!
• I’ve landed in France, Italy, Crete, Egypt, Cyprus, Greece, Saudi Arabia and Switzerland
• I’ve also flown off the coast north of Scotland and as far south as Sudan and Dubai.
BAE Systems, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6YU, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1252 384719 Fax: +44 (0) 1252 383947
24hr media hotline: + 44 (0) 7801 717739