Of the 287 graduates we are recruiting in the UK in 2014, approximately 120 will join BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (formerly BAE Systems Detica), which is headquartered in Guildford in Surrey and runs offices in London and Leeds.
The recruitment drive means that the Applied Intelligence business will be well-placed to help clients deal with the global rise in digital criminality over the course of 2014, as fraud becomes increasingly cyber-enabled and it becomes impossible to look at cyber crime in isolation. The simultaneous use of cyber and fraud techniques to carry out ever more sophisticated crimes has already been witnessed in the US, where attacks on major retailers such as Target have enabled digital-savvy criminals to steal the data of over 70 million customers. Other trends Applied Intelligence expects to see this year include further attacks on mobile devices and a growing shift towards identity crime.
David Garfield, Managing Director, Cyber Security at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, said: “The growth of the BAE Systems Applied Intelligence business reflects a rising global demand for expertise and technologies to help businesses defend themselves against cyber crime and effectively manage the threat. To respond to this we need to recruit growing numbers of bright, motivated individuals, particularly IT, engineering and physics graduates. The new employees will work on the most exciting and advanced IT systems in the sector and advise clients on managing cyber risk. Their work will be complemented by an excellent training and development programme and the opportunity to work for one of the UK's most innovative and respected companies.”
Elsewhere at our UK operations:
• The military aircraft business has 69 graduate positions for roles at Warton and Samlesbury in Lancashire with an additional 3 graduates required for the site in Christchurch, Dorset and 1 graduate is required to work at RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire supporting the Typhoon jet programme
• The submarines business based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria will be recruiting 32 graduates with a further 4 required for a design office in Frimley in Surrey
• The maritime businesses in Portsmouth, Hampshire are recruiting another 14 graduates with a further 2 young people required for offices in New Malden in Surrey. In Glasgow, Scotland 9 graduate roles are available with the shipbuilding business
• A further 11 graduates are being recruited to work at the electronic systems business at Rochester, Kent
• 2 graduates will join the munitions division in Glascoed, Wales
• 3 graduates will head to Telford, Shropshire to join the Combat Vehicles business
• Finally 10 graduates will be taking on positions at BAE Systems' head office based at Farnborough in Hampshire
Salaries on the graduate programme start at £25,000 with an additional £2,000 welcome payment and 25 days' holiday per annum. Two-thirds of our graduates have a background in science, technology, engineering and maths.
For further details of our graduate opportunities visit: http://www.baesystems.com/graduates. Applications close on 28 February 2014.