That’s why we designed our Advanced Integrated Data Environment for Agile Manufacturing, Integration and Sustainment Excellence (ADAMS) Reference Architecture - a model-based, virtual digital engineering environment that allows us to perform end-to-end system design, development, integration, maintenance, and sustainment activities.
At its core, ADAMS is a technology roadmap for model-based engineering. ADAMS implements an Integrated Data Environment (IDE) by deploying a suite of integrated system architecture modeling tools, 3D modeling and engineering design tools, a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Inventory Management, Obsolescence Management, as well as project management tools. Using a single, configuration controlled, logical data repository, it interconnects system data across five key domains throughout the system life cycle:
- Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Integration and Project Management
These five domains span multiple functional disciplines and support integrated operations for system development and sustainment projects across the complete Systems Engineering Lifecycle “V - Model” via model integration and process automation.
Our unique methodology manages the IDE in both classified and unclassified environments, enabling us to leverage our technical expertise across the organization to solve complex problems, deliver better systems with increased capabilities to customers, while protecting all levels of technical information.
- Cost Reduction/Take-out. Moving the right side of the Systems Engineering V to the left enabling early system understanding and architecture tradeoffs, detecting defects early in the design process, and reducing transaction cost throughout the system life cycle
- Cycle Time Reduction. Enabling early systematic design reuse, change impact analysis, system requirement verification and validation, and design decisions
- Improved System Integrator Capabilities for Customers. Improves owning the technical baseline, change management, better requirement definition and traceability, integrated system analysis and modeling and simulation capabilities, and rapid engineering and response capability for greater fleet readiness posture
- Knowledge Transfer. Codifying system designs and product knowledge in models and institutionalizing intellectual property (IP), trade secrets, and enterprise knowledge management
- Empowered Teams. Equipping cross-functional project teams with advanced architecture modeling and simulation design tools, and digital technology capabilities for the information age.