What we do in the UK
BAE Systems is the UK's largest defence and security company with approximately 34,100 employees based at around 50 sites in the UK.
We deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and support services. We are a leading supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have market leadership positions in the air and maritime domains
- contributed £9.3 billion to the UK’s GDP in 2018, contributing a total of £330 for every £100 supported across the UK’s economy
- exported £3 billion, equivalent to nearly 1% of the UK’s total exports and contributed £2 billion to the UK’s balance of payments
- supported 124,000 full time jobs across the UK including nearly 34,100 at BAE Systems itself
- spent £3.7 billion with 6,000 UK suppliers
- made a total tax contribution of £2.4 billion including £700 million paid directly by the Company
- invested £1.2 billion in research and development on behalf of customers and partners
- was highly productive – with each employee contributing £83,000 to the UK economy – 27% more than the national average.
Source: Source: 'The Contribution of BAE Systems to the UK Economy', published by Oxford Economics, September 2019