This Notice should be read in conjunction with the Overview and the Definitions, including, in particular, the table of categories of information.
Legal and regulatory
What processing activities do you undertake that include my information?
We use your information in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- taking steps to enforce or defend any legal claims made by, against or otherwise involving you;
- any investigations or discovery exercises undertaken to ascertain the Company’s legal and regulatory or contractual obligations;
- managing patents and other intellectual property belonging to us;
- complying with lawful requests by public authorities (including without limitation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements);
- discovery requests; or
- where otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws, court orders, government regulations, or regulatory authorities (including without limitation privacy, tax and employment, workers compensation), whether within Australia or overseas.
What categories of information are included in these processing activities?
We may process any information held on you in connection with this activity. This includes staff related data, data related to your engagement with the Company, recruitment data, regulatory data, vetting data, remuneration and benefits data, leave information, HR processes data, monitoring data (to the extent permitted by applicable laws) and employment claims, complaints and disclosures data. It also includes sensitive information and criminal records information.
We may also process sensitive information (such as criminal records information) to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
What is the reason for these processing activities?
We carry out these activities in order to make and defend against legal claims and comply with relevant legal requirements and obligations.
The Company wishes to maintain its reputation as a good corporate citizen and to act appropriately in all the countries in which it does business. This includes cooperating with authorities and government bodies.
Indeed, the Company is required to comply with laws and regulations in those countries in which it does business and to require otherwise would lead to conflicts of laws issues.
In addition, the Company wants to be able to enforce legal obligations owed to it and to defend itself from litigation. This is needed to ensure that the Company’s legal interests and rights are managed appropriately.
To the extent that you did not get this information from me, how did you collect it?
Some of the information processed in these activities may be generated by the Company. This would usually include Security, Export Control, HR, Legal and line management.
We may also receive information from other sources as set out in this Notice. This may include external advisers and authorities who we work with to carry out this activity.
Who do you share this information with?
This information may be shared internally for the purposes described above.