Used to address questions relating to the defence, security and resilience of the UK, the framework enables decision makers in UK Ministry of Defence and wider Government to access research, analysis and decision support services from the private sector and academia.
“The ASTRID contract…will build on the successful collaborative approach of the Analysis Support Contact, providing access to the best talent in the UK and overseas.”
UK Government press release.
- Strategy, policy and enterprise-level decision support to enable evidence-based decision making at the highest levels of the Ministry of Defence and UK Government.
- Capability and investment decision support to ensure that capability planning and investment decisions are based on robust evidence, ensuring UK Defence and Security will have the right platforms, people, tools and capabilities to meet the threats of the future.
- Defence and security business space analysis and decision support to provide analysis on organisational structures, including back-office support, systems and processes across Defence and Security environments.
- Enabling analysis services, providing access to models, methods, data and analytical tools required to meet the broad scope of defence and security analysis.
- Emerging science and technology, delivering analysis to support decision making on future science and technology, including horizon scanning, technology watch and assessment.
- Fast and agile – a quick and responsive route to market leveraging almost 40 years’ experience in contracting with the Ministry of Defence and UK Government.
- Flexible and collaborative – four contracting routes enabling a tailored approach to requirements - ranging from short, urgent tasks to large complex programmes – whilst ensuring value for money.
- Large and diverse supply chain – a growing supply chain of more than 120 organisations across industry and academia including 60% Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Technical excellence – technical experts work with you and the delivery team throughout the project lifecycle to ensure high-quality, assured outcomes.