We are committed to conducting business responsibly and to maintaining and improving systems and processes that reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chain.
At BAE Systems we serve, supply and protect those who serve and protect us, in a corporate culture that is performance driven and values led.
We supply defence equipment, electronics and services, as well as cyber, intelligence and security solutions for our customers so they can maintain a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries. The majority of our workforce consists of full-time employees with a small percentage of sub-contracted workers to carry out specific tasks such as short term contract support.
Our UK subsidiaries that are required to prepare a Modern Slavery Act Statement are:
- BAE Systems (Military Air) Overseas Limited
- BAE Systems (Oman) Limited
- BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited
- BAE Systems GCS International Limited
- BAE Systems Global Combat Systems Munitions Limited
- BAE Systems Marine Limited
- BAE Systems Surface Ships Limited
Our human rights commitment
We are committed to respecting and upholding human rights wherever we operate, in respect of activities under the full, direct control of the Company.
This applies equally to our employees, our suppliers and business partners, all of whom are expected to adopt the same or similarly high standards of ethical behaviour.
Our Code of Conduct and other global policies and processes mandated under the Operational Framework, together with our supporting principles and guidance, support our commitment to human rights and are regularly reviewed. This results, for example, in due diligence being carried out during the supplier evaluation stage against non-financial risks.
Our approach to human rights constitutes:
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards and acting in a socially responsible manner complying with applicable laws.
- Respecting and supporting the communities in which our businesses are located.
- Maintaining and improving global policies and processes which relate to human rights wherever we operate, in respect of activities under the full direct control of the Company.
- Responsible product development.
- Appointing and working with suppliers and business partners who are expected to adopt similarly high standards of ethical behaviour and business conduct, consistent to our own, in accordance with applicable national laws.
To view our full UK Modern Slavery Act Response 2021 please click on the link on the right hand side of this page.