Refer to the responsible decision-making model by using outline questions.
- What are the possible issues?
- Does information used or produced by employees belong to BAE Systems or the individual?
- When leaving the organisation can individuals take with them materials they produced or have legitimate access to? Would your answer change if:
- The information has a special marking?
- Joy was going to a competitor?
- What should Joy's manager have communicated to her?
- What other situations can you imagine where company data is put at risk by employees' behaviour?
- Was Ben right to give the advice he did? Was it enough? Should he have taken any other action?
- Have you witnessed this type of scenario? What other issues could arise?