Gartner has published the new February 2018 Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services (MSS) Worldwide.
BAE Systems has been recognised for the third year in a row. We retained our position in ‘Niche Players’, whilst advancing on both the Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute axes; now positioned furthest for Completeness of Vision in the Niche Players quadrant.
We believe our ‘Niche Players’ position represents our decades of experience defending nations, governments and societies against criminals. Our customers depend on this expertise and knowledge to protect their organisations now and in the future, using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Managed Security Services Podcast - The People Who Defend:
Listen as our experts discuss how BAE Systems Managed Security Services defend against today's biggest threats. These episodes provide inside access to our product roadmap and explain why we progressed in completeness-of-vision in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services, Worldwide.
Check back for Episode Two coming soon
What is the Gartner Magic Quadrant?
The Gartner Magic Quadrant* provides a graphical competitive positioning of four types of technology providers, in markets where growth is high and provider differentiation is distinct:
- Leaders - execute well against their current vision and are well positioned for tomorrow.
- Visionaries - understand where the market is going or have a vision for changing market rules, but do not yet execute well.
- Niche Players - focus successfully on a small segment, or are unfocused and do not out-innovate or outperform others.
- Challengers - execute well today or may dominate a large segment, but do not demonstrate an understanding of market direction.
At BAE Systems, our MSS operate across four areas:
- Prepare – Know who may be attacking you and where. Uncover your weaknesses, visualise your infrastructure and update your strategy and response planning;
- Manage – Ensure compliance and improve your detection capabilities with a range of monitoring solutions and detection content able to suit your needs;
- Monitor – Ensure compliance and improve your detection capabilities with a range of monitoring solutions and detection content able to suit your needs;
- Detect and Respond – Hunt, detect and respond to even the most innovative and novel threats.
For more information on BAE Systems’ Managed Security Services, visit: BAE Systems Managed Security Services
*Gartner Methodologies, Gartner Magic Quadrant, https://www.gartner.com/technology/research/methodologies/research_mq.jsp
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.