SanctionsAlert.com Webinar - Due Diligence: Know Your Customer and Business Partner to Unveil Sanctioned Parties and Hidden Beneficial Owners
Global, Global, United Kingdom Global,Global,Global,United Kingdom
During this practical webinar, panelists will share best practices on how they have approached customer due diligence for sanctions compliance purposes and where to focus limited resources.
Using audience polls, this interactive session will also give attendees the unique opportunity to benchmark their CDD compliance programs against their peers in the industry.
CDD for sanctions purposes goes beyond list screening and know your customer (KYC) during onboarding or periodic reviews, and extends into CDD related to pre-transaction checks. The session will provide insights into the essential elements of a strong CDD compliance program, focusing on sanctions compliance, and will explore tailored strategies to address these risks in an OFAC/sanctions compliance program.
What you will learn:
- What regulators and auditors expect to see in your CDD program to detect embargoed countries, denied parties and prohibited end-users
- Practical guidance on applying OFAC’s 50% rule and FINCEN’s customer due diligence rule
- Use of OFAC enforcement guidelines and the FFIEC’s BSA/AML Examination Manual in formulating your CDD procedures
- How to perform Enhanced Due Diligence on clients with high risk for sanctions
- How to perform ongoing Know Your Client updates while sanctions are so dynamic
- Most common mistakes when conducting CDD for sanctions compliance purposes
- How to develop more effective CDD policies and controls
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn about CDD approaches and find out how other companies are addressing this issue.