CyberFirst7 December 2019 2019-12-07T15:14:57+01:00 2019-12-07T15:15:04+01:00
Manchester, , United Kingdom Central Manchester,Manchester, ,United Kingdom
CyberFirst is a free event held in Central Manchester with activity-filled sessions tailored for Year 8 and 9 and their parents.
It gives students and their families an opportunity to see how studying technology can help develop a passion it, improve creativity, problem solving and analytical skills for the workplace and home.
The event is run with the support of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, National Cyber Security Centre, GCHQ and Manchester Digital.
As a country we are becoming more digital with everything we do; let’s learn to use it and defend it.
CyberFirst Trailblazers, Year 8 (09:00am - 12:20pm)
Register now: bit.ly/cyberfirstY8
- Go Create – Learn the basics of how to customise a website and generate enthusiasm to contribute to the World Wide Web.
- Digital Detective – Use digital forensics to identify the first person who has contracted a disease and learn how open source intelligence can lead to finding out more information about this person.
- Creative Computing – Look into how creative design, arts and technology work together. Take a closer view on how the media industry and advertising combine these elements while having the chance in teams to create your own advert sequence using stop motion.
CyberFirst Adventurers, Year 9 (1:15pm- 5:00pm)
Register now: bit.ly/cyberfirstY9
- The Data Games – Understand and use big data to create the perfect team using a set of sports results, compare with others and learn the interpretation of data.
- Crack the Code – Against the clock you will work within teams to unlock various devices, during this you will get a taste of cryptography, language analysis and understand some cyber security terms. But don’t be distracted as the timer won’t stop until you Crack the Code.
- Engineering – 3D printers have started to revolutionise the engineering industry, have a look into how technology and engineering fit together and move into the future in partnership. Have the chance to create your very own model using 3D design software.