Of the 293 graduates being recruited to work in the UK business, a third of them, 98 graduates, will join BAE Systems’ Applied Intelligence business unit, which is headquartered in Guildford in Surrey with additional offices in Leeds, London and Gloucester.
The continued recruitment drive for IT and engineering graduates ensures that the Applied Intelligence business is perfectly placed to help clients combat the growing threat of digital crime as fraud becomes increasingly cyber-enabled and the tools used by criminals are progressively sophisticated and blended across disciplines. Recently, the Metropolitan Police said they are facing a caseload of about 54,000 reports of cyber fraud in the capital each year.
Dr Scott McVicar, Managing Director, Cyber Security, at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, said: “High-profile cyber-attacks continue to dominate the headlines and the continued growth of our business reflects that reality. Private and public sector organisations are calling for greater protection from criminal and politically motivated attacks. In light of this, we need to recruit growing numbers of bright, motivated individuals, particularly IT, engineering and physics graduates that will work with our experienced team to identify vulnerabilities and manage the threat effectively. They will have access to an excellent training and development programme, will work with the UK’s largest organisations, and will be using some of the world’s most advanced threat detection and prevention solutions.”
Elsewhere at BAE Systems’ operations in the UK:
- The military aircraft business has 53 graduate vacancies for roles at Warton and Samlesbury in Lancashire with an additional two graduates required for the site in Yeovil, Somerset and one graduate to work at Christchurch, Dorset
- The maritime naval ships and services businesses in Glasgow, Scotland and at Portsmouth, Hampshire are recruiting 42 and 22 graduates respectively with a further nine individuals required for offices in New Malden and Frimley in Surrey, Cowes on the Isle of Wight, Filton near Bristol and in Cirencester, East Gloucestershire
- The submarines business based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria will be recruiting 26 graduates with a further 11 required for design offices in Frimley and Ash Vale in Surrey and at Weymouth in Dorset
- A further two graduates will be based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria within the Weapons business
- Eleven graduates are being recruited to work at the electronic systems business at Rochester, Kent
- Three graduates will head to Telford, Shropshire to join the Combat Vehicles business
- Two graduates will join the munitions division in Glascoed, Wales
- Finally 11 graduates will be taking on positions at BAE Systems' head offices based at various locations across the UK
Graduates joining BAE Systems in 2015 can expect a starting salary of between £25,000 to £32,000 dependent on experience and the role they undertake, plus 25 days' holiday per annum. Two-thirds of BAE Systems’ graduates have a background in science, technology, engineering and maths.
For further details of BAE Systems’ graduate opportunities including how to apply, visit: http://www.baesystems.com/graduates