Operations, Manufacturing & Production
- Implement process improvements alongside the shop floor teams through root cause analysis and other lean manufacturing techniques
- Developing facility layouts to maximise efficiency
- Working with technical authors to write workmanship standards, process instructions etc.
- Employing visual management
- Electronic Systems - Rochester
- Submarines - Barrow-in-Furness
- Land (UK) - Radway Green
- Land (UK) - Washington
To apply, you’ll need to have a minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject for our graduate scheme or on course for achieving a 2:1 for our undergraduate schemes.
Specific business unit requirements include:-
- Military Air & Information: Operations Management, Engineering with Management, Manufacturing and Operations Management, Manufacturing, Technology, Aerospace Engineering degree disciplines preferred.
- Naval Ships: Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths degree disciplines preferred.
- Land (UK)*: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Systems, Science and Technology degree disciplines preferred. *Land (UK) at Radway Green will also accept Business related degree disciplines.
- Land (UK) - Radway Green Only: Business related degree preferred.
- Electronic Systems: A technical/ engineering degree discipline preferred whilst demonstrating an understanding of Design for Manufacture, Lean Manufacturing/ Manufacturing Systems.
Qualifications aside, manufacturing engineers need to solve complex problems across a range of areas so it requires individuals who are resourceful and motivated, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an analytical way, even under pressure.
In addition, you need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Learning and Development
We recognise that development is key to you fulfilling your professional potential and us delivering our business commitments. That’s why we’ve created schemes where you take ownership of your career aspirations and we give you support, training and practical experience to help you succeed.
First things first: your career with us starts with an induction to welcome you to your chosen UK business. Here, you’ll meet fellow graduates/ undergraduates and find out more about what your future holds. Then, shortly after joining, you’ll be assigned a mentor who can act as a source of advice and insight when you need it.
Whichever scheme you join, we’ll encourage and support you to reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about us, receive world-class training and support and perhaps most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in our projects – gaining the insights that can only come from real world experience.
- Graduate: £28,000 per annum
- Industrial Placement: £18,000 per annum
- Summer Internship: £16,800 (pro-rata) per annum