Commercial is one of the key links between BAE Systems and our customers. In this important role, you'll help us estimate, bid, negotiate and manage our most complex contracts. You'll be responsible for innovating new solutions to customer requirements and providing competitive advantage whilst meeting contractual obligations.
Commercial has significant roles in key business processes designed to minimise risk and guarantee bids are acceptable from the company’s perspective.
Welcome to Commercial in the real world.
This role is currently closed - please continue to visit the website for further updates.
- Military Air & Information: Business, Law, Politics, Humanities, English, Modern Languages, Maths or related degree discipline preferred.
- Maritime Services: Will consider all degree disciplines.
- Electonic Systems: Business, Finance or Economic related degree disciplines preferred.
If you're customer focused, enjoy the challenge of meeting requirements and have an interest in contracts or pricing, this area could be for you. The work is both demanding and challenging, and so applicants should be performance driven, and ready to set themselves, demanding targets which will undoubtedly be rewarding to achieve. Additional personal qualities include:-
- The ability to Communicate clearly with external customers and internal functions
- Self-motivated and proactive
- An ability to work as part of a team to support existing programmes or upcoming tenders
In addition, you need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Learning and development
We recognise that development is key to you fulfilling your professional potential and us delivering our business commitments. That’s why we’ve created schemes where you take ownership of your career aspirations and we give you support, training and practical experience to help you succeed.
First things first: your career with us starts with an induction to welcome you to your chosen UK business. Here, you’ll meet fellow graduates/ undergraduates and find out more about what your future holds. Then, shortly after joining, you’ll be assigned a mentor who can act as a source of advice and insight when you need it.
Whichever scheme you join, we’ll encourage and support you to reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about us, receive world-class training and support and perhaps most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in our projects – gaining the insights that can only come from real world experience.
- Graduate: £28,000 per annum
- Industrial Placement: £18,000 per annum
- Summer Internship: £16,800 (pro-rata) per annum