Getting Ready
for Work

Your future starts here

 

Apprenticeships

You can be the future of BAE Systems. Earn a salary whilst you gain the specialist training and hands-on experience that will help your career fly. If you're curious to learn and ready to grow, there's a world of opportunity here.
 

Gaining experience

Want to know what it's like to work in a business that's changing the world we live in? Wondering what life is really like at BAE Systems? On our work experience placements and Engineering taster weeks you'll get to experience the cutting-edge projects we're working on, meet all kinds of people across the business, and explore the many career opportunities we offer.
 
Discover more

Insight experiences

Want to know what a career with us is really like? Get the inside track from our diverse team, learn about their career journeys, and explore how you can make a big impact here too.
 
Search opportunities

T-Levels

T-Levels are a nationally recognised qualification for 16-19 year olds. Equivalent to 3 ‘A’-levels, they’re 80% classroom based, with the remaining 20% spent on a 9 -week placement. We are planning to support a number of colleges to offer industry placements as part of the Engineering T-Level at BAE Systems
 

Coming September 2023

Still at school or college, but excited about a career that really matters? We want to give you the inside track on our fast-paced and pioneering industry. To help you make the most of the opportunities STEM (science, technology, engineering, and maths) subjects can offer. And to help you explore your future.
 
Movement to Work

Movement to Work

 
When you've not got a lot of experience it can be tough to secure a job. If you're aged 18-30, we can help. Through the Movement to Work scheme we offer placements to young people not in education, employment, or training.
 
The placement will give you on the job experience, training, support with CV writing and interview technique, and teamwork skills.
Read more
Learning Hub

Learning Hub

Every day, we rely on science, technology, engineering and maths to help us design, manufacture, and supply essential products and services to help create a safer world. STEM keeps us evolving and growing, powering new ideas, making the impossible possible, and sparking life-changing innovations. We’ve some fantastic careers for those with STEM subject qualifications. If you want to explore the world of STEM at BAE Systems, check out our Learning Hub.
Explore our Learning Hub
clear

Hear from our inspiring apprentices

Want to know more about what life is like as an apprentice at BAE Systems. Get the facts first hand from some of our current and former apprentices.

 

Our partners

The Smallpeice Trust Logo

The Smallpeice Trust

For over 50 years the Smallpeice Trust have been delivering residential engineering courses, STEM Days and learning initiatives such as Coding Success and Arkwright Scholarships to students aged 13-18 across the UK, providing an exciting insight into what it’s like to be an engineer.
Find out more
Royal Academy of Engineering Logo

Royal Academy of Engineering

The Royal Academy of Engineering work to address the challenges of our age. Harnessing the power of engineering and technology to build a sustainable society and an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
Find out more
Princes Trust Logo

Princes’ Trust

The Prince’s Trust support young people in securing a better future by offering free programmes to develop the skills and confidence young people in the UK need to find a job or start a business.
 
Find out more
STEM Learning Logo

STEM Learning

STEM Learning provide a one-stop-shop for teachers and is the largest provider of education and careers support in STEM. Project Enthuse, a STEM Learning initiative, develops and celebrates the best STEM subject teaching in the UK.
Find out more
Royal Navy & Royal Air Force Logos

Royal Navy & Royal Air Force

BAE Systems have a long history partnering with the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force (RAF), collectively investing in education across the UK to provide students and teachers with experience they need and helping to inspire the next generation of scientists, technologists and engineers.
 

Teachers, parents and carers

Like you, we're passionate about helping young people embrace STEM subjects and discover careers in engineering and technology.

 

Together we can inspire bright minds from all backgrounds to access opportunities in our industry.