Our success depends on investing in the talent we need to meet our customers' requirements for ground-breaking technology and flawless support. Apprentices are our future, so we invest in them. Whether you choose an engineering or a business apprenticeship you’ll be guaranteed a good salary; academic or vocational qualifications; hands-on training; and work where you can make a real contribution, doing work of vital importance. With an average of 2,000 apprentices in learning, you’ll be joining others who’ll become great colleagues and friends for life.
Here are just some of the apprenticeships we offer:
2020 apprentice intake
Our apprenticeship vacancies are now closed for the 2020 intake. If you would like to be the first to know when our roles re-open in November 2020, please complete the ‘pre-registration’ form below.
Thank you. We’ll let you know as soon as our application window opens later this year.
Grace - Degree Apprentice
Glen - Engineering Technician Apprentice
Khadijah - Degree Apprentice
Mark - Head of Apprenticeships
Already started your application? log-in here.
Rewards & Benefits
- We’ll pay your fees so your hard earned nationally recognised academic qualifications will be debt-free.
- On-the-job training delivered by experienced professionals who’ll help you to achieve your goals.
- Off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or our partner colleges or universities.
- Real work placements in our businesses working on landmark projects.
- Activities designed to enrich your experience including team building, charity, skills competitions, opportunities to work with apprentices from all parts of our business on our innovation challenge and to help out in our work to encourage young people’s interest in STEM.
- Competitive salary – The exact figure depends on what programme you choose.
- Company pension scheme
- Company share scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays like Bank Holidays)
- You could be eligible for the National Union of Students (NUS) membership which offers discounts on goods and services all over the country or other alternative student discounts.
- A great job after completion is a very strong likelihood whether you choose to go for promotion and progression or remain doing a brilliant job in the role you’ve moved into. Around 95% of our apprentices stay with us and go on to have really successful careers.
- A world of opportunities – We’re a global business and our Apprenticeships create the skills and experiences that help our people to travel far. There are increasing opportunities to travel and work overseas with our customers, on our exciting export programmes once you’ve completed your apprenticeship and are competent in your role.
We’re an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all parts of our society. We are happy to discuss any necessary adjustments or arrangements that might help support your application. Within the company we have specialist employees whose job it is to champion diversity and inclusivity. They’re helped by a number of employee resource groups that support gender, disability and LGBT issues for our employees and create strong networks of support and interest.
We are committed to employee safety and welfare and operate a comprehensive safeguarding process, employee assistance programme and one-to-one help where needed. Our apprentices receive support from managers who are dedicated to helping them make the most of their programme. Many of our employees started their careers as apprentices and, working alongside you, they are passionate about inspiring you to achieve great things.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These mean that factors such as your nationality, any previous nationalities that you have held, and/or your place of birth my limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation. If you are concerned about how these limits may affect your application please email GART@baesystems.com.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the Apprentice Recruitment Team on 01772 677277 or email GART@baesystems.com
Please note that we are able to discuss the application with the candidate only.