FIRST® Robotics Scholarship
Our FIRST Robotics Scholarship Program supports the development of students and invests in their education each year as they work toward a degree in STEM.
The BAE Systems FIRST Robotics Scholarship Program is a nation-wide annual program that enhances opportunities for students that plan to seek a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
The program grants a total of $40,000 in scholarships each year to eight students – broken into increments that span the course of four years – at a school of their choice.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a high school senior
- Minimum grade point average of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Plan to pursue an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering/Materials Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical Engineering/Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Computer Science
- Optical Engineering
- Plan to enroll fulltime at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2022-2023 academic year
- Participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition or FIRST Tech Challenge team sponsored by the company’s Electronic Systems sector within the past two years
- Live within 70 miles of one of the following BAE Systems facilities:
- Nashua, New Hampshire
- Burlington, Massachusetts
- Endicott, New York
- San Diego, California
- Totowa, New Jersey
- Greenlawn, New York
- Manassas, Virginia
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Austin, Texas
Applicants must be able to comply with BAE Systems' security and employment requirements. The requirements are detailed here.
How to apply
Interested? Click here to find out more about eligibility and application timelines.