Leveraging more than 40 years of EO/IR expertise, BAE Systems' next-generation aircraft survivability equipment protects helicopters, jets, turboprops and their respective crews from a range of infrared (IR) and ballistic hostile fire threats. Available for use by all U.S. Defense Service agencies, including Special Operations, our solutions are easy to install and cost-effective. Benefiting from years of successful development and customer input, we provide highly reliable, versatile Optical Electronic Warfare Systems (OEWS) based on specified multi-domain mission and platform requirements.
Our OEWS implementation approach
- Analyze threats and the threat environment
- Evaluate the aircraft for platform integration requirements
- Simulate mission conditions with exposure to anticipated platform vibration, temperature, and motion
- Provide training, technical manuals, and global field support
- Implement modular solutions that allow straightforward capability upgrades and scalable protection
Proven EO/IR experience
Increasingly sophisticated infrared-guided missiles are a dangerous reality. These lethal threats are an ever-present challenge to mission success in today's multi-domain operations and peacekeeping scenarios. With over four decades of experience and around 500 infrared countermeasures experts on staff, BAE Systems has set the standard for developing state-of-the-art OEWS solutions. Our Worrell/Weeks Aircrew Protection Center and cutting-edge Jam Lab enable our teams to perform rigorous analyses of aircraft survivability equipment in an operationally representative environment. Our strong relationship with customers allows us to develop greater awareness and understanding, while continually evolving products based on user feedback. We're proud that our customers rely on BAE Systems' expertise, dedication, and commitment to provide them with innovative, next-generation equipment for the future.
Optical Electronic Warfare Systems (OEWS)
BAE Systems' tailored aircraft protection solutions include a modular family of OEWS systems – systems that automatically sense, process, and respond to IR threats. These systems improve situational awareness while helping aircrews execute missions in complex hostile environments. Depending on your platform and mission needs, our Optical Electronic Warfare Systems can be integrated to create an even more effective layered suite of protections.
Learn more about our specific OEWS systems:
- OT-225 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) System
- AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)
- AN/ALE-47 Airborne Countermeasures Dispenser System
- AN/ALQ-144 Infrared (IR) Countermeasures Set
- Smart D2™ Next generation countermeasure dispenser system
- Worrell/Weeks Aircrew Protection Center – Threat Analysis Testing