With more than 40 years of experience, BAE Systems’ survivability equipment protects aircraft and crews from infrared (IR) threats with solutions that are easily installed and cost effective over the life of the aircraft. Benefiting from years of successful development and customer input, BAE Systems provides reliable and versatile threat management solutions based on mission and platform requirements.
- Evaluate the aircraft for platform requirements
- Simulate mission conditions with exposure to anticipated platform vibration, temperature, and motion
- Provide training, technical manuals, and global field support
- Implement modular solutions that allow straightforward capability upgrades and scalable system protection
The increase of sophisticated infrared-guided missiles is a dangerous reality. These lethal threats challenge mission success in today’s warfare and peacekeeping scenarios. With more than four decades of experience and 500 infrared countermeasures experts, BAE Systems has set the standard for developing state-of-the-art threat management solutions. The company’s Worrell/Weeks aircrew protection center and state-of-the-art Jam Lab enable rigorous analysis of aircraft survivability equipment in an operationally representative environment. A strong relationship with customers allows BAE Systems to develop greater awareness and understanding, while continually evolving products based on user feedback. Customers rely on BAE Systems’ expertise, dedication, and commitment to provide innovative next-generation equipment for the future.
Threat management solutions
The company’s tailored aircraft protection solutions include a modular family of systems that automatically sense, process, and respond to IR threats, and improve situational awareness – while helping aviators execute their missions in hostile environments. These systems are battle proven in combat operations. Depending on platform and mission needs, BAE Systems’ threat management systems are often integrated to create a layered suite of protection.
- 3D Advanced Warning System product suite
- AN/ALQ-212 Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM)
- AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)
- AN/ALE-47 Airborne Countermeasures Dispenser System
- AN/ALQ-144 Infrared (IR) Countermeasures Set
- AN/ALQ-157 Infrared Countermeasure (IRCM) System
- Worrell/Weeks Aircrew Protection Center – Threat Analysis Testing