What will I be doing?
Unlike many other graduate schemes, our graduates are given high responsibility straight away and it is our aim to have you working on a project within the first couple of weeks of starting. You will immediately be picking up new skills, engaging with customers, and developing your technical expertise.
We provide training and development to enable you to fulfil your potential within our consulting business. You will be assigned a manager who will work with you to assess your competence, identify your development needs and find a range of options to help.
Grade and skill requirements
- An excellent academic record with, or expecting to obtain, at least a 2:1 degree in Maths, Physics or another equally relevant numerate subject
- An ability to learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communicating with and presenting to clients
- An ability to balance priorities, managing time, cost and quality effectively
- A logical, organised and coherent approach to problem solving
- To accept accountability for achieving agreed targets
We also welcome candidates educated to postgraduate level in a numerate subject and/or with existing knowledge of operational research, business modelling or financial modelling techniques.
Rewards and benefits
As well as a competitive starting salary you will receive:
- 25 days a year holiday allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme (performance related)
- Regular performance and salay reviews
“Since joining BAE Systems CORDA, I have had the opportunity to get involved in a variety of work, applying skills I picked up at university and developing many new ones. It is great to be working as part of a team where I can learn from my more experienced colleagues, who are always willing to provide advice and support whenever it is needed.” Rachel (2014)
“Within a few days of starting at BAE Systems CORDA I was allocated my first project, so immediately started new and interesting work. I have found that I have used the logical thinking I acquired through my degree on a daily basis.” Natalia (2013)
“As a consultant I am expected to work closely with the customer (either internally to BAE Systems or externally with the Ministry of Defence) to solve their problems! Sometimes this involves creating software tools to do clever analysis, and other times it means using workshops and interviews to capture the thoughts of all people interested and affected by the issues being discussed. . . . I love the variety of work and rapid growth in capability and responsibility!” Nick (2012)