What makes BAE Systems the most trusted resource worldwide for high demand, flight-critical aircraft engine controls, aircraft electrification, and aircraft power management systems? We are unmatched in development and thru-life support of advanced, high reliability electronic engine controllers (EEC) that have been proven to perform in even the harshest environments for both fixed-wing and rotary aircraft.
With over 30 years of experience designing and certifying FADEC for commercial, business, cargo, and military aircraft across an installed base of more than 30,000 engines and over 1 billion flight hours, no one delivers on digital engine controls, monitoring, and aircraft power management more comprehensively than BAE Systems. From advanced digital control designs that optimize performance on the ground and in the air, protected by multiple redundancy safeguards, to global MRO support that can contain costs and extend product life by years, we have a proven record of peerless products, integrated systems, and on-time delivery that carriers and our prime manufacturer partners know they can count on.
There are many reasons to specify engine controls, aircraft electrification, and aircraft power management by BAE Systems when your team is ready to expand or update your commercial, business, or cargo fleet, including:
Our comprehensive suite of electronic engine controller (EEC) capabilities:
- Full authority digital engine control (FADEC)
- Supervisory controls
- Power management controls
- Power system monitors
- Thrust reverser monitors and controls
- Electronic control units
- Electronic interface control units
- Prognostics and vibration monitoring units
- Cables and harnesses
Our 30+ years experience designing and certifying FADECs for commercial, business, and military aircraft.
- Preferred supplier to GE Aviation and CFM International, with an installed base of more than 30,000 engines
- Partner of FADEC International*1 which provides FADECS to GE Aviation and CFMI
- Supplier of next-generation LEAP and GE9X FADECs via FADEC Alliance*2
- FADEC overhaul program designed by us, the OEM, to extend the life of the FADEC
- Multi-generation product family approach
Our FADECs are the brains behind the brawn on engines that power today’s – and tomorrow’s – aircraft:
- Commercial aircraft: AgustaWestland: AW-189; Boeing: 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 MD11; Airbus: A310, A318, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A380; Embraer 170/190
- Military aircraft: F-16, AH-64, B-2, UH/MH-60, F/A-18E/F, and CH-53
- Aircraft in development: COMAC C919, Bombardier Global 7000/8000, Boeing 777X, Cessna Denali, and Bell 525