The APKWS rocket redefines precision by hitting the target with pinpoint accuracy and minimal collateral damage – critical for air-to-ground missions when you only have one shot. The rocket is proven in combat for five years running, and is the U.S. Government’s only program of record for 2.75-inch laser-guided rockets.
Fills the weapons gap
Precision strike capability
Innovative by design, the APKWS rocket includes advanced DASALS seeker optics located on all four guidance wings. Once fired, the wings deploy, and the optics lock in, guiding the rocket to the target – delivering accuracy when it matters most.
- Wing slot seals protect optics from adjacent firings, sand, and moisture prior to launch to ensure no damage or debris inhibit the seeker from locking onto targets
- Optics lock onto moving or stationary targets in open or confined areas, supporting a wide variety of missions, and eliminating the possibility of a lost or uncontrolled rocket after launch
- 40-degree instantaneous field of regard enables a broad capture area for the rocket to adjust mid-flight and stay on track to its target
- Fired from more than 20 different fixed- and rotary-wing platforms
- U.S. Army has achieved numerous confirmed successful engagements in support of current combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- U.S. Air Force has fired hundreds of fixed-wing units in theater to date
- U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy have fired thousands of combined fixed- and rotary-wing shots in total, and hundreds in combat scenarios
Flexible and modular design
- Requires no modifications to the standard rocket motor, firing platform or fire control system
- Light weight allows pilots to carry more stowed weapons, to engage more targets in combat
- Requires minimal training, providing a seemless transition from firing Hydra rockets
- New design for fixed-wing platforms took just seven months to integrate onto the AV-8B Harrier
We maximize these cost savings by integrating our solution on platforms used around the world such as the AH-64 Apache and F-16 Fighting Falcon to expand mission flexibility.
Prepared for increased demand
With the majority of our supply chain in the United States, our centralized approach and aim to deliver zero defects optimizes overall production and delivery efficiency.
- Sixth year in full-rate production
- Over 10,000 units have been delivered to date
- Proven ability to surge capacity, accelerating over a thousand fixed-wing deliveries ahead of schedule