Avalon Airshow 2019
BAE Systems Australia is proud to be a part of the Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition in Avalon. Running from 26 February to 3 March, the airshow is one of Asia-Pacific's most prestigious aviation and aerospace events.
BAE Systems is proud of its long heritage, playing a major role in protecting and supporting Air Force, Navy and Army aviation capabilities through our sustainment and advanced technologies. We are committed to our ongoing partnership with the Australian Defence Force to ensure it has the best equipment and support by leveraging our global innovations and technology pipelines.
Learn more about what we're doing at the Avalon International Airshow 2019.
- Hawk Lead-In Fighter through total life support, including fleet planning, aircraft and component maintenance, supply chain management and engineering support
- F-35 with aircraft and component maintenance, and regional warehousing
- Classic Hornet through avionics upgrades, health and usage monitoring, and component maintenance
- Black Hawk with aircraft and component maintenance
- Wedgetail Electronic Warfare sustainment and upgrades
Technology of the Future
- Hypersonics - The way of the future, the advantages of hypersonic flight are endless. Our capabilities in engineering complex systems is working to realise these benefits, such as reduced travel time, while positioning us to understand and respond to future threats in the air.
- Electronic Warfare (EW) – BAE Systems is responsible for developing advanced electronic warfare systems which equip tactical fighters, global strike and unmanned vehicles to detect, identify, locate, deny, and defeat advanced radio frequency threat systems.
- Jorn – Through working closely with the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group to enhance and drive the network’s unique technology, BAE Systems Australia has played a central role in the development of Australia’s critical sovereign surveillance capability, the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) over the past 35 years.
- C4ISREW – BAE Systems Australia understands that space and cyber is a growing market in Australia. We understand the inextricable link between Electronic Warfare (EW) and ISR capabilities and have focused our investment in both of these areas.
- Mantlet – The BAE Systems Australia Technology Development Group has developed the world leading Mantlet Digital ESM (electronic support measures). This advanced sensor provides the ability to detect and identify nearly all radio frequency emitters; radio, TV, mobiles, Wi-Fi, radars and missiles, delivering world-leading EW technology capability.