This Notice should be read in conjunction with the Overview and the Definitions, including, in particular, the table of categories of information.
What processing activities do you undertake that include my information?
Your information is used to manage and operate certain HR processes, as required by law and Company policy.
These include appraisal, conduct, performance, capability, absence and grievance related reviews, managing ethics and workplace incident processes, assessments, allegations, complaints, investigations and processes and other informal and formal HR processes and making related management decisions.
The investigations referred to above could include (without limitation) monitoring of accidents and incidents in the workplace, reviewing export control or other legal compliance and disciplinary and grievance investigations.
We may also use your information in connection with consultations or negotiations with representatives of staff.
We may process sensitive information about your leave, absence or medical information regarding your physical or mental health or condition in order to:
- assess eligibility for incapacity or permanent; disability related remuneration or benefits;
- assess eligibility for superannuation claims;
- determine fitness for work;
- facilitate a return to work;
- undertake health and safety risk assessments (including workstation and display screen assessments, hearing tests, exposure to hazardous substances, vision screening);
- make adjustments or accommodations to duties or the workplace;
- make management decisions regarding employment or engagement or continued employment or engagement or redeployment; and
- conduct related management processes.
What categories of information are included in these processing activities?
To run the processes set out above, we process staff related data, data related to your engagement with the Company, recruitment data, vetting data, regulatory data, leave information, HR processes data, monitoring data (to the extent permitted by applicable laws) and employment claims, complaints and disclosures data.
Depending on the type of HR process, we may also process sensitive information such as your religion, race, sexual orientation, health and medical information, details of trade union membership, and information relating to your criminal record to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
What is the reason for these processing activities?
We use your information to operate our business and manage and administer appropriate and reasonable HR processes, as set out above.
- managing absence and leave entitlements;
- assisting with superannuation claims;
- addressing concerns and issues and resolving the same; and
- complying with applicable laws and regulations, including Export Control and other Australian and overseas requirements.
We use your sensitive information for carrying out our employment law obligations. For example, complying with maternity or parental leave legislation, working time and health and safety legislation, taxation rules, worker consultation requirements, and other employment laws and regulations to which the Company is subject in the conduct of its business.
We may also use your sensitive information in investigating and responding to workplace incidents, such as injury or disciplinary matters.
To the extent that you did not get this information from me, how did you collect it?
Some of this information will come from internal sources, such as your manager and HR.
Some information may come from external sources. For example, your health information may be received from WorkCover, your doctor or other medical professionals.
We may also receive information from other sources as set out in this Notice.
Who do you share this information with?
This information may be shared internally for the purposes described above.