This Notice should be read in conjunction with the Overview and the Definitions, including, in particular, the table of categories of information.
What processing activities do you undertake that include my information?
We administer and manage your relationship with the company of which you are a director or officer and maintain the general records necessary to do so.
This includes the administrative and management activities that we undertake with respect to governance requirements, for example:
- maintaining BAE Systems Australia Holdings’ and its subsidiaries’ statutory registers and those of certain joint venture companies;
- managing compliance with overseas registrations and government agencies;
- complying with statutory reporting requirements;
- archiving and managing your directorship/office record, as appropriate; and
- creating and administrating minutes of meetings.
What categories of information are included in these processing activities?
To manage this activity, we process staff related data, data related to your engagement with the Company, recruitment data, regulatory data, remuneration and benefits data, financial information and HR processes data.
If you are a director or officer of a BAE Systems joint venture company for which BAE Systems does not (or did not) hold the secretaryship and/or does not (or did not) maintain the statutory registers, then we will hold a record of your name only.
For certain overseas jurisdictions, we may need to process additional identity information, such as your father’s name. If necessary, the requirement will be explained to you and the information requested from you.
We may also process sensitive information (such as your nationality) to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
What is the reason for these processing activities?
We use your information to manage our relationship with you and to administer your board membership, directorships, or office holding.
- complying with statutory reporting requirements and compliance obligations for overseas registrations and government agencies;
- supporting the business and commercial interests of the Group and its joint ventures by providing information on directors and other officers of individual legal entities where required in documentation including (a) bid support; (b) delegated authority and (c) business or trading registrations; and
- maintaining a central group record of directors and officers of legal entities in which BAE Systems has an interest (including joint venture companies, whether or not we hold the statutory register/secretaryship, and legal entities in which we have invested).
To the extent that you did not get this information from me, how did you get it?
Some of this information will come from internal sources and as otherwise set out in this Notice.
We may receive information from other sources as set out in this Notice.
If you are a director or officer of a joint venture company, we may also receive your information from the joint venture company.
Who do you share this information with?
This information may be shared internally for the purposes described above and, where necessary with our parent company BAE Systems Plc in the United Kingdom.