This Notice should be read in conjunction with the Overview and the Definitions, including, in particular, the table of categories of information.
Legal and regulatory
What processing activities do you undertake that include my information?
We use your information in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- taking steps to enforce or defend any legal claims made by, against or otherwise involving you;
- any associated investigations or discovery exercises;
- managing patents and other intellectual property belonging to us;
- complying with lawful requests by public authorities (including without limitation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements);
- discovery requests; or
- where otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws, court orders, government regulations, or regulatory authorities (including without limitation data protection, tax and employment), whether within or outside your country.
What categories of information are included in these processing activities?
We may process any information held on you in connection with this activity. This includes staff related data, data related to your engagement with the Company, recruitment data, regulatory data, vetting data, monitoring data (to the extent permitted by applicable laws) and employment claims, complaints and disclosures data.
We may also process sensitive information (such as criminal records information) to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
What is the reason for these processing activities?
We carry out these activities in order to defend against legal claims and comply with legal requirements and obligations that we are subject to whether those are Australian obligations or non-Australian obligations.
We wish to maintain our reputation as a good corporate citizen and to act appropriately in all the countries in which we do business. This includes cooperating with authorities and government bodies. Indeed, the Company is required to comply with laws and regulations in those countries in which it does business and to require otherwise would lead to conflicts of laws issues.
To the extent that you did not get this information from me, how did you collect it?
Some of the information processed in these activities may be generated by the Company. This would usually include Human Resources and management.
We may also receive information from your employer, applicable agencies, external advisers and authorities who we engage with or who help us to carry out this activity and from other sources as set out in this Notice.
Who do you share this information with?
This information may be shared internally for the purposes described above.
In addition, some of your information will be shared externally with your employer, any agency, regulatory or governmental authorities or legal advisers as needed and as otherwise set out in this Notice.