Managed Security Service (MSS) Providers are responsible for protecting an organisation’s critical data and ensuring that they avoid data breaches. Thus, choosing an MSSP is an important decision that requires a careful, thorough assessment of the options.
Our Managed Security Services Buyers Guide provides a useful framework to aid prospective buyers assess MSSPs. It also provides helpful, probing questions that companies can use to vet potential providers.
MSSPs provide fully managed security services, not just security technology. Therefore, it is important to assess the three key elements of comprehensive managed security services (MSS) – technology, processes, and people. This white paper starts with what buyers should look for in a provider from a high-level, company perspective, then uses the “technology, process, people” framework to help buyers assess potential providers.
Here are just some of the questions you should ask providers when considering making your selection:
- How does your managed security platform correlate security events?
- From what sources does it compile security events?
- What external research does the platform leverage?
- What is your process for classifying security incidents?
- What are your alert escalation procedures?
- Do you monitor customer networks 24x7 by certified security analysts?
- What certifications do your analyst hold?
This paper takes you step-by-step through how best to prepare, and what questions to ask at each level of technology, process and people – in order to get the right provider for your organisation.