Procurement / Supply Chain
With over £9 billion spent each year and over 32,000 suppliers, the need for skilled procurement professionals is imperative for our business. Put simply, we need to ensure that we deliver the right products, at the right time, at the right cost to the required quality.
As a key member of our team, you'll help us deliver just that. Your role will be very varied; ranging from undertaking supplier visits to a more analytical focus of developing procurement strategies.
You'll also be offered challenging placements of both an operational and strategic nature, getting involved in the supply of essential services, materials, components and high-value equipment for a variety of programmes, such as the F35 Lightning II or the Astute Class submarine.
Welcome to Procurement in the real world.
- Electronic Systems - Rochester
- Submarines - Barrow-in-Furness
- Military Air & Information - Samlesbury/ Warton
- Maritime Services - Portsmouth
- Naval Ships - Glasgow
To apply, you’ll need to have a minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject for our graduate scheme or on course for achieving a 2:1 for our undergraduate schemes.
Specific business unit requirements include:-
- Electronic Systems: Business Admin, Business Management and Operations degree disciplines preferred.
- Military Air & Information: Business, Law, Politics, Humanities, English, Modern Languages, Maths or related degree disciplines preferred.
- Naval Ships: Procurement, Material Management, Business Management degree disciplines preferred.
As for personal qualities, you’ll need to have strong communication skills enabling you to build and manage effective relationships. Negotiation is also key, with the ability to influence customers, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure optimum performance throughout a product’s project lifecycle.
In addition, you need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Learning & Development
We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, and gain insights that can only come from real world experience. As well as this, you'll enroll on the Procurement Developing You (PDY) learning and development programme, to enable you to achieve professional recognition by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Your career with us starts with an induction to welcome you to your chosen UK business. Here, you’ll meet fellow graduates/ undergraduates and find out more about what your future holds. Then, shortly after joining, you’ll be assigned a mentor who can act as a source of advice and insight when you need it.
Whichever scheme you join, we’ll encourage and support you to reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about us, receive world-class training and support and perhaps most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in our projects – gaining the insights that can only come from real world experience.
Rewards: the complete package
- Graduate starting salary of £28,000
- £2,000 welcome payment (GDF)
- Regular development reviews
- Competitive pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- 20% of salary available up front as an optional advance
- 25 days holiday per year