Military Air & Information
A career with our Military Air & Information business puts you at the very heart of the industry. Designing, building and maintaining world leading combat aircraft working with the latest in cutting edge technology and supporting not just the UK Royal Air Force but our global customers too.
You could join our 13,000-strong workforce doing anything from coding the software which makes our jets fly or designing the next generation of aircraft, through to making sure our programmes run on time and to budget.
Whatever route you choose, you will be earning while you learn and following in the footsteps of thousands who have been apprentices with us, many of whom now take seats around the boardroom table at the top of our business.
The most rewarding aspect of my role is seeing the work and overall projects that I am involved with. Sometimes I wonder how the work I am doing contributes to a project and then I go and visit the aircraft, or see the technology in action and think wow, I am contributing to make this happen.
Joanne, Project Management - Military Air & Information
We offer a world-leading training opportunity with exceptional facilities to match. In October 2015 we opened a new training academy where more than 100 apprentices undertake their maintenence apprenticeship. An additional £15 million Training Academy opened in Lancashire in December 2016 where our Advance Engineering Apprentices undertake their training.
We are taking on degree apprentices in aerospace and software engineering and higher apprentices in project management who will study towards a university degree whilst getting hands-on experience - and without any fees or loans being required.
An apprenticeship with us unlocks a bright future at the forefront of one of the most exciting industries you will find anywhere in the world.
- Aerospace Engineering (Degree), Preston
- Aerospace Software Developer (Degree), Brough
- Aerospace Software Developer (Degree), Preston
- Aerospace Software Developer (Degree), Yeovil
- Aircraft Maintenance & Support, Humberside
- Business Administration, Preston
- Engineering, Brough
- Engineering, Preston
- Project Management Apprenticeship Scheme, Christchurch
- Project Management Apprenticeship Scheme, Preston
- Number of employees: 13,000
- Key locations: Brough, Humberside, Lancashire & Yeovil
- Key products: Eurofighter Typhoon, F-35 lightning II, Hawk Trainer jet & Unmanned Air Vehicles, Cyber Security