The 3DAWS (3D Advanced Warning System) product suite provides aircrews with the universal threat detection necessary to defeat current and evolving threats. Unlike rival systems, it is able to detect and defeat threats during complex, multi-threat engagement scenarios by enabling a layered countermeasure defense.
With all of this added capability, the suite remains highly modular and expandable, integrating with current and future fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft and countermeasure systems. It also has the flexibility to work with existing radar or laser warning systems, while meeting demanding size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements.
3D Tracker™ technology
At the core of the 3DAWS suite is the passively-cued, semi-active radio frequency 3D Tracker element. It serves as an adjunct to the Common Missile Warning System (CMWS), CMWS 2-Color Infrared (CMWS-2CIR), or any future passive threat detection system, to provide the third dimension to the system’s detection process. Our 3D Tracker technology helps eliminate false alarms, allowing the suite to make a definitive threat assessment before directing the appropriate countermeasure.
- Observes and processes data to confirm threats prior to engagement, eliminating unnecessary expenditure of dispensable countermeasures
- Provides necessary tracking capabilities for soft- and hard-kill countermeasures to damage or destroy incoming threats
- Fits within the stringent SWaP limitations required by rotary-wing aircraft
A layered countermeasure defense is comprised of two components – the detection system and its countermeasures. Unlike the legacy systems on the market, our 3DAWS suite uses multi-spectral sensors to extend detection ranges and enable an efficient and timely response to incoming threats.
The suite takes it step further by smartly utilizing fielded and future countermeasures to defeat threats. 3DAWS integrates with multiple countermeasure systems, allowing it to selectively use one over another, depending on the situation. This is critical for the scenarios our military is likely to face with peer and near-peer adversaries.
- Maximizes the efficiency of legacy flare and directable infrared countermeasures systems for an effective first response to threats
- Responds to a wide variety of threats by triggering the appropriate flare, directable infrared countermeasures, and soft- and hard-kill countermeasures based on threat confidence, range, and effectiveness
Modularity and expandability
Built to be modular and expandable, the 3DAWS suite eliminates the need to replace the entire threat warning system when upgrades or adjunct capabilities are required. It achieves this flexibility with an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) of the passive threat detection system that uses the latest open architecture standards. This allows the system to easily operate with any platform and serve as the foundation for advanced and integrated Aircraft Survivability Equipment (iASE).
- Integrates with mission systems on over 40 different platform types for maximum flexibility
- Integrates with Advanced Threat Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM) system, Common Infrared Countermeasures (CIRCM) system, ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispensing System, ALQ-211 Suite of Integrated Radio Frequency Countermeasures (SIRFC), APR-39 Radar Warning Receiver, and AVR-2B Laser Detection Set