This is achieved through the establishment of robust capable processes, the analysis of materials, the root cause analysis of manufacturing process and component failures and the implementation of preventative actions driving continuous improvement through the entire supply chain.
Investigation to establish root cause of significant failures of mechanical and electronic components includes basic electrical test, de-cap or de-encapsulation techniques and failure analysis using optical microscopy or Scanning electron microscopy.
Key Performance Features:
- Comprehensive suite of assessment facilities.
- Assessment of bare PCB quality – micro section, solderability, thermal shock
- Assessment of plated finishes – thickness measurement, adhesion, solderability
- Analysis of BGA ball materials – leaded and lead free
- Non destructive analysis of metals, alloys and coating thicknesses
- Evaluation of New Processes / Materials