Nigel was appointed Group Managing Director of Programmes and Support, one of three Global Operating Groups in BAE Systems, in 2008. In this role he has responsibility for UK Businesses including Maritime, Military Air & Information, Combat Vehicles (UK), UK Munitions and the Group’s Shared Services operations. These businesses deliver over £6bn turnover predominantly in UK defence but also in international markets.
Nigel undertakes a number of additional roles:
• Council Member, Royal Academy of Engineering
• Commissioner, UK Commission for Employment and Skills
• Chairman, WIG (Whitehall and Industry Group)
• Chairman, UK Council for Electronic Business
• Member, Apprentice Ambassador Network
• Council Member, A|D|S (Aerospace, Defence, Security)
Nigel is a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. He has been active in defence programmes including design, development, production and support for 30 years, working in the UK, Sweden and Australia.
Prior to joining British Aerospace as an aerodynamicist, Nigel worked for Rolls-Royce for four years as a production engineering apprentice and graduated in mechanical engineering.