Would you like the chance to work on legal projects for a company working on interesting and complex defence programmes?
BAE Systems is offering a number of opportunities in Legal Counsel in our sites across the UK.
The Legal function strives to provide and maintain support across a number of sites and will be helping build a visible management team, supporting commercial and procurement business functions.
Legal roles come with the opportunity to work on projects or commercial contracts, giving you real responsibility and ownership of your work. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to the wider business.
We continually recruit for the following roles:
Real Estate Lawyers
Counsel, Business Conduct Compliance
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A qualified solicitor/barrister with post qualification experience
- A background in commercial law and contracting
- Experience of both UK and foreign patent work – harvesting inventions, filing, drafting and prosecuting patent applications, and preferably including matters of a contentious nature
- Experienced in ABC compliance, litigation, commercial contracts and/or mergers and acquisitions in an international environment
- Experience at a leading law firm or appropriate in-house experience
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders
What we're looking for in you:
You will be able to use your initiative and exercise sound judgement when evaluating potential legal and reputational risks. You should have negotiation and influencing skills, as well as be able to digest complex information, form an opinion and be challenged on this.
If you'd like to be considered for a role in this area, please register your interest by following the link below: