U.S. Munitions combines the industry-leading capabilities of BAE Systems Ordnance Systems, Inc. and Olin Corporation’s Winchester Ammunition Division. Formed in November 2011, U.S. Munitions is the premier provider of small-caliber ammunition for U.S. Army-owned, contractor-operated facilities.
U.S. Munitions will offer world-renowned experience and expertise in facilities management and ammunition manufacturing. The team understands the U.S. Army’s requirements and will present innovative ideas and cost-effective solutions to deliver superior results.
- BAE Systems' management and operation of the Holston Army Ammunition Plant (AAP) in Tennessee has been recognized by the Army for its safety and environmental record.
- Winchester has been providing small-caliber ammunition to the U.S. military since World War I.
- BAE Systems was selected in 2011 by the U.S. Army to manage and operate the Radford AAP in southwest Virginia.
- Winchester is currently the Army’s largest producer of small-caliber ammunition, outside of the Lake City AAP.
- BAE Systems' IMX-101 insensitive munition, produced at the Holston AAP, was recognized by TIME magazine as one of "The 50 Best Inventions of 2010."
- Winchester was selected in 2011 for the Army’s “second source” contract for U.S. production of small-caliber military ammunition.